Monday, October 14, 2013

Tales from the Road

I'm writing from the road today.  Jen and I have been traveling up the coast of California after the festival in Prescott last weekend which was amazing!  I've never had a better reception from nicer and more supportive people.  They've already asked me back.  I got to play amongst some great singers and songwriters!  If you've never heard of Beth Fitchet Wood or Bob Frank (just two in particular) then go listen to their music right now.  I'd highly recommend them and any of the other folks I got to hear - not to mention the entire Sharlot Hall Music Festival.  It was superb!  Big thanks to Jan Collins for introducing my music to the Sharlot Hall folks, Steve and Ann Atkinson for hosting us, and Terry and Jan Berrett for running the festival and handling the CD's and logistics!  Steve and Ann have become new good friends.  Steve's art is outstanding, and he is nationally known and a heck of good guy!  Check out his art - western to the core - great landscapes and cowboys and Indians!

And how is the road you ask?  Well, we've seen some amazing sights, had some very tasty wine and yummy food, and met some wonderful folks.  Highlights include Vina Robles winery in Paso Robles where we had a private wine tasting, the boat tour in Morro Bay with Jack the skipper and Roy the long-haired dachshund (who is a good little sailor,) long hikes and the McWay waterfall at Big Sur, the Año Nuevo State Reserve south of San Francisco where we got to walk on our own beach, playing music with my banjo-frailing nephew Eric Niehaus and harpist extraordinaire Diana Stork, and we still have several more days of our adventure before we get home in time to play Magpies this Friday.

So that's where I am this Friday - Magpies 7-10.  I always look forward to getting back to Pueblo in the fall and my good friends at Magpies.  It's a homecoming that gets sweeter with time.  And coming off a trip I'm going to be jazzed beyond belief, so this should be a great night!  Please come out if you can.

Better get back to the morning where we're off to Mendocino, the beaches of Fort Bragg, and beyond today.

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  Magpies, 229 S. Union, Pueblo.  719-542-5522
When:  Friday, October 18, 7-10 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment