Monday, November 30, 2015

Thought Process

I’m at a loss what to write about this week.  Hopefully walking through my thought process with me will be entertaining and inspiring.  Let me tell you my mindset today.  I’m a little groggy because we’ve been up a lot during the nights while caregiving for our old collie who has had a series of maladies.  I’m a little at sea because I’m still grieving for my mother and am in limbo about my career and the upcoming year until we wrap up her estate.  There are other things that are affecting me too, but those are the biggies.  So what do I do when I wake up with these things weighing on me?  I harbor a deep appreciation for my fellow man and our situation here on the earth.  I believe that people are good and are full of love and light.  I know that this life is a wonderful playground of stimulus and opportunities.  So I frame my thoughts around the big picture of just how special this life and this time is.  I realize that life may seem like a struggle daily, but I fill my mind with the wonder of our situation and the beauty of the universe.  I work my body to feel good and have energy, and I work my mind to feel sharp and viable.  Then I look at what I can do to help others with the talents I have been given.  That is enough for me, and I repeat it each day.

What have I been up to?

Magpies was great fun two weeks ago. I did a bunch of songs to honor Chuck Pyle, and then rounded out the evening with '60's tunes and requests. Then I had a last-minute booking last Saturday at Eiler's Place in Bojon Town that a couple of my regulars made. That was s bunch of fun too. I found out that younger folks like my music still too!

What's up this week?

Thursday I have a private gig I've told you about before - playing for the Council of State Governments annual fall training week in Colorado Springs. I mention it because it's such a wonderful bipartisan gathering that I always enjoy being a part of.

Friday I'm back at Magpies 7-10. I thought about bringing the Christmas sing-along sheets this week, but I think it's too early, so let's do the sing-along on the 18th. I have a couple new mics this week that I think will make my voice sound smoother and more mellifluous, so let's do some big vocal songs Friday.  I’ll take your requests!

Saturday at 4:30 I'm playing for the Avondale Community Tree Lighting in Pueblo County.  This is put on by a community group called PCP (People Caring for People) that helps the people of Avondale, Boone, and the surrounding areas, and partners with local schools to involve adults and children in improving the appearance of the community.  The tree lighting will be at the land they purchased at the NW corner of Hwy 50 and Avondale Blvd. This lot will be the future home of the Avondale Veterans Memorial Park, and they’ve been using it for the tree lighting since 2010.  You can read more about the group at their Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/PeopleCaringForPeople.  The East High School choir will also be performing, and Santa will be there as well as many other activities including a posada.  It sounds like a lot of fun, and I love being part of community events like this. A proud community enjoying the season! Check out photos of previous tree lightings on their Facebook page. Please come if you can. Here is also the Facebook page for the event - https://www.facebook.com/events/1637518173167698/.

Best,

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  Magpies, 229 S. Union, Pueblo.  719-542-5522
When:  Friday, December 4, 7-10 pm

Who: Tom Munch
What:  playing and singing for the Avondale Community Tree Lighting
Where:  Pueblo County across from Loaf 'N' Jug at the NW corner of US Highway 50 Business & Avondale Blvd
When:  Saturday, December 5, 4:30 to as long as they go

No comments:

Post a Comment