Monday, August 13, 2018

Connectedness

I played yesterday for a couple chapel services in Cuchara where the topic of the sermon was oneness. One of the examples of oneness that was used was an aspen grove. An aspen grove is many trees that all share the same root system, so in reality they are really all one tree. This is very cool, but it goes even deeper than this example of oneness. The trees actually share a system of fungi with all the other trees and plants of the forest that make them all connected and part of each other. You can listen to a great show about this here on the show, Radiolab - wnycstudios.org/story/from-tree-to-shining-tree/
And it brings about another idea that I have written about before - our connectedness to each other and the world around us. We are connected through the air we breathe, the water we drink, the thoughts we share, and the energy we put out into the universe. And in turn we are connected to the earth below us and the universe all around us through  our very molecules and structure. On every level I can think of, from spirituality to quantum physics to everyday interactions, we are connected to each other in ways that affect everything we do. Give a listen to the show above when you have time (it's fun), and let your mind be opened to the enormity of our connectedness.

What have I been up to?

Monday and Tuesday at the Royal Gorge Bridge were beautiful days with really nice folks coming out for a day of beautiful views.

Thursday at the Yellow Pine barbecue was an evening with a huge family reunion of folks that were really enjoyable. They even got up and sang a medley of family-favorite hymns that wowed us.

Sunday playing for chapel services in Cuchara was a very rewarding time of friendship and memories. I sang an old hymn tha my grandpa taught me called "Murmur." There's a video on YouTube of it here - youtu.be/Gn5sbd-pyds.

What am I up to this week?

Monday I'm at the Royal Gorge Bridge 12:30-4:30 again for what should be a beautiful day. I really enjoy these gorgeous (pun intended) days. Come on up if you can.

Thursday is the Yellow Pine Barbecue 6:30-8:30. This may be the last barbecue of the season if we don't get enough reservations for the next two Thursdays - the 23rd and 30th. If you'd like to come this week make sure you make a reservation by Tuesday so they can order enough food, and if you'd like to come the next two Thursdays please call and make a reservation ASAP - 719-742-3528.

Saturday 6:00-8:00 is a fun concert at Deerprint Wine in La Veta. This is a lovely venue in La Veta, and I've never gotten to play on the outdoor stage before, so I'm really looking forward to it. Tickets can be purchased at https://squareup.com/store/deerprint-wine-and-bistro. I'd love to have you there if you're up for an evening of music and wine under the shadow of the Spanish Peaks. There's more info on their website - deerprintwine.com and on their Facebook page - facebook.com/Deerprint and event page - facebook.com/events/1938692956461166/.

That's it for this week. I'm working on a fun concert on September 1 with a Ken Saydak at the Merc in La Veta, and I have a couple other fun things coming up. I still need to book some fall and winter gigs in Pueblo and Colorado Springs. Stay tuned for those. And my latest album about Love is coming together in my head although I don't have any finished songs yet. My inner hippy is speaking. ;-)

Best always,

Tom

Details this week:

Who: Tom Munch
What: playing and singing
Where: South side of the Royal Gorge at the Royal Gorge Bridge on the stage just east of the bridge
When: Monday, Aug 13, 12:30 pm-4:30 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing at the Barbeque
Where:  Yellow Pine Guest Ranch, Cuchara.  719-742-3528
When:  Thursday, Aug 16, 6:30-8:30 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing and singing
Where:  Deerprint Wine & Bistro, 106 E. Francisco, La Veta, 719-650-2079
When:  Saturday, August 18, 6-8ish pm

No comments:

Post a Comment