Monday, September 10, 2018

Crud


Well, we missed a weekend of fun and relaxation due to the crud. It amazes me how quickly our plans have to be changed when illness steps into our path. I had a cold come and go pretty quickly, but I passed it on and it hit my wife Jen a bit harder, and so we needed to stay at home instead of going to the mountains. I seldom take time off, and it really bothered us to miss this fun weekend. So we binge-watched Matt Groening's “Enchanted” instead, and I did a bunch of yard work that needed to be done. I know that having flexibility and the willingness to do something completely different at the drop of a hat can be very fulfilling. I find that some of my best experiences have come about as a result of spontaneous changes and the way creativity allowed me to enjoy the ride. It’s just too bad it had to come about this time through the crud. 

What have I been up to?

Monday's online concert was one of the best-attended ever. I had such a great group of folks out for Labor Day, and I did a little more mellow show than usual. 
It was very, very nice. 

Thursday was the party at the Yellow Pine, and we had some wonderful folks come out to wind up the season. It’s a good thing we rescheduled for the end of September because it was definitely chilly by the time I packed up around 9:00. I forget how short the season is in the mountains. 

What’s up this week?

Wednesday 10:30-2:00 is the annual Senior Safari at the Pueblo Zoo. I’ve been playing for this for many, many years now, and I always look forward to what's grown into a huge event. It’s a free day at the zoo for all seniors with my music, pizza, salad, bingo, great camaraderie, and the wonderful animals and folks at the zoo. I play from 10:30-1:00, and then bingo commences to the end. 

Friday I’m playing at a big Good Samaritan’s RV evening in Greeley for folks who I’ve played for many times before. I always love playing for these folks. 

Saturday is the annual Philmont Oktoberfest (Philtoberfest) Party at my good Philmont friends' place in Colorado Springs. This isn’t a public party, but I enjoy it so much that I have to mention it.  It’s great to see old friends, celebrate our friendship, and maybe even share a few songs and stories. 

That’s it for this week. Next week I’m helping to celebrate my niece's wedding in 
Crested Butte, so I won’t have a blog or mailer. Be good to each other, and stay away from the crud. I wish I would have. 

Best always,

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What: playing and singing
Where:  at the Pueblo Zoo for Senior Safari
When:  Wednesday, Sept 12, 10:30-1

No comments:

Post a Comment