Monday, October 15, 2018

Joy in the Moment

It may surprise you that I am not always the most joyful person. It’s so easy to get wrapped up in whatever is going on in my head and in whatever situation I find myself. But I know better. I can see that there is something amazing in every moment. I can fret over things that distract me or I can smile and find joy in every little thing. This life is so astounding and rewarding when I let it be that way. Every tiny moment holds an infinite number of variables that I can interact with and give to. When I see life this way there is endless opportunity for joy. And joy is infectious and helps us all. So be joyful and express it, my friends.

What have I been up to?

My online concert on Monday a couple weeks ago was great fun. I did several Chuck Pyle songs in preparation for the tribute concert to him and several Fall songs as well to celebrate the season. Many good friends joined in from all over the country.

Friday after that was the big grand opening for Bistoro which was packed and so much fun. It was great to see Joette and Pellumb drinking in their well-earned success.

Saturday the Chuck Pyle tribute in Denver was grand. I can’t say enough about the fine folks I got to play with and spend time. Word is that we'll do it again next year.

Sunday the song swap and further Chuck Pyle celebration in Fort Collins was over the top. Such wonderful musicians and such an appreciative crowd. The only downside was driving three hours home that night in the rain.

Then just last Friday I had a surprise gig at Walter's Brewery in Pueblo. All my regular friends and folks came out for what turned out to be a sweet evening of friendship and music.

What am I up to this week?

Sunday 3-6 I’m playing for the Goodnight Barn Dinner at the Pueblo Union Depot. This is a fundraiser for the restoration of the Charles Goodnight barn west of Pueblo. This is the old stone barn that was built by Charles Goodnight when he lived here in the late 1800's. Charles and his partner Oliver Loving established the Goodnight Loving Trail where they drove cattle up into Colorado from Texas. You may also remember that the story of “Lonesome Dove” was based on their lives. Anyway, it’s a great cause that Pueblo should be proud of, and I’m pleased to be playing for it. If you’d like to come you can purchase tickets at https://www.goodnightbarnpueblo.org/. There’s a Facebook event page about it at https://www.facebook.com/events/2566401930251158/.

That’s it for this week. We got our first snow of the season yesterday, and Beau and I had a chilly but beautiful early walk in it this morning. It was a spectacular (and joyful) time!

Best always,

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing and singing for the Goodnight Barn Dinner
Where:  Pueblo Unions Depot, 132 W B St, Pueblo
When:  Sunday, Oct 21, 3-6 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment