Monday, January 28, 2019

Pushing Buttons

I’m thinking this morning about our personal motivation and how others motivate us. In history others have used all kinds of things to motivate us, and we use these same things ourselves. I try to be my own person and unaffected by others, but it doesn’t always happen that way. We are all intertwined, and a certain amount of shared feeling is part of being in this world. But we don’t have to get wrapped up in these feelings and especially fear. It’s a trap sometimes, and it’s often the way others try to motivate us. A peaceful mind is brought by the realization that fear is usually about things that never happen. I’m often reminded of that quote from FDR at the beginning of World War II - “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” Others can use this fear to manipulate us into doing things against our best interest. Everything works out in the end, I believe. I have always carried a peace inside me from deep down. There is a knowing inside us that defeats fear. It comes from love, and holding onto that when others try to push our buttons with fear will carry the day. Believe it.

What have I been up to?

A week ago Friday was a wonderful night at Walter’s Brewery Taproom. So many good friends came out to enjoy the evening, and although it was a little loud we all had a good time. I look forward to the next go-round there on February 16th.

Then the following Sunday was a nice time at Cuchara Chapel for service. Reverend Eileen gave a great message on dealing with conflict, and I got to sing the Kieran Kane and Kevin Welch song, “I Can’t Wait.”

What’s up this week?

Friday night 6-9 I’m back at Bistoro in Pueblo. I’m meeting some new folks here as well as good friends going out for a fun night of food, company, and music.  Come on out if you can. Joette and Pellumb have some yummy new items on the menu that I really want to try!

Sunday night 7-8ish MST is my First-Sunday Online Living Room Concert.  I’m up against the Super Bowl, but I’ve heard there are quite a few folks who’d rather not watch the Patriots in the Super Bowl again, so if you’re one of them or if the game has turned sour by the time I start, then please tune in to concertwindow.com/tommunch for an hour or so of music from my home to yours.

That’s it for this week.  I just got dates for the Royal Gorge Bridge this summer, and I also booked a house concert in Colorado Springs all the way in September of 2020 with Gabrielle Louise, so there’s always something going on in my world.

Best,

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing and singing
Where:  Bistoro, 109 Central Plaza, Pueblo. 719-696-9672 (Number is now correct!)
When:  Friday, February 1, 6-9 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing and singing a concert from my living room
Where:  online at https://concertwindow.com/tommunch
When:  Sunday, February 3, 7-8:15ish pm MST

No comments:

Post a Comment