Monday, June 24, 2019

Coincidences

I had a cool thing happy to me yesterday that reminded me of how interconnected we are.  I was whacking weeds on our front property after I walked Beau in the morning when a couple drove by and asked if I’d seen a fluffy black dog in the neighborhood.  I had not, and so they drove on.  A few minutes later they drove by again on the adjoining road to ours, and then another couple drove by and asked if I’d seen the dog.  Over the next hour and a half I saw the second couple at least 4 more times, and then I saw the first car several times and two other cars looking as well.  The first one had said they had seen the lost dog posted on Facebook, and so I guessed it belonged to the second couple.  I was surprised that so many people were searching for the dog.  I felt for the people too.  I have lost pets in the past, and I know the angst and concern that’s felt when a pet disappears.  I got ready for my afternoon gig and had lunch.  After my gig in the afternoon I got on the road for my evening gig in La Veta, and I got an email notification from the Nextdoor service that I signed up for in my neighborhood that someone had found a black dog on a road a mile south of where we live.  I copied the posting and picture and went to the Pueblo West Lost and Found Pets group on Facebook that I follow, but I couldn’t find anything about a lost fluffy black dog.  The owner must have posted it elsewhere that people picked up and shared.  This was all kind of difficult because the interstate was pretty busy going south from Pueblo yesterday with summer traffic.  But using the text-to-speech function on my phone I was able to post the post from the other service and the picture to the lost pets group, and within a few minutes I got a private message from the woman who lost the dog.  Someone had notified her when they saw my posting.  She gave me her number and got on the road to our house, and I had to tell her that the dog wasn’t at our house, and that I was trying to private message the woman on the other site that the owner had contacted me with her number.  I didn’t hear back from the person who found the dog, so I searched for the name from that post on whitepages.com and got an address I could send the dog owner.  She went to the address, and luckily it was the right person with the dog.  Success!  I called her after she picked up the dog, and she was so happy.  It warmed my heart to be able to bring joy to someone, and it reminded me not only of the coincidences that had to happen for her to get her dog back, but also the fact that our neighborhood that seems pretty spread out and unconnected really is connected.  It’s easy to miss and forget our interconnectedness in a neighborhood and beyond.  I could give you many examples, and I’m sure you could too.  Life is pretty wonderful when we’re open to it and aware of others.

——

What have I been up to?

Last Monday was a beautiful day at the Royal Gorge Bridge playing with Dennis Mills.  We had some nice folks stop by and listen, and the threatening weather never hit us.

Wednesday was a private party in Cuchara along the river with Dennis that was beyond fun!  It’s such a pleasure and honor to get to play for so many wonderful folks.

Thursday was a good group of new and old faces at the Yellow Pine Barbecue.  I can’t say enough about this cool place and sweet folks.

Friday was a party with a bunch of songwriters and friends where we made some mighty fine music.  I don’t do enough of this.

Saturday was opening for Nashville recording artist Anita Cochran at the La Veta Mercantile.  Anita knocked it out of the park, and I didn’t do too bad for my first time opening for someone.

Sunday was another fine party for friends in La Veta that was beyond fun again.  I am so blessed to have come across such great folks in my life and music.

The best part of all these gigs and also my nursing and retirement facilities during a week like this is that I get to do different songs at every place I play.  I’ll bet I played 200 different songs last week for all these gigs.  That is such a pleasure!

——

What am I up to this week?

Monday, Tuesday, and Friday 12:30-4:30 I’m playing this week at the Royal Gorge Bridge with Dennis Mills.  We’re having such a good time playing at the Gorge, and I’d love to have you there if you’d like to visit the bridge.  We’re on the big stage on south side of the bridge where they do the big concerts.

Thursday 6:30-8:30 I’m back at the Yellow Pine for the barbecue.  If you’ve never been you’re missing out on a rustic evening of barbecue, friendship, music, campfire, and s’mores.  Call to make a reservation by Tuesday at 719-742-3528.

Saturday 7-8:30 I’m playing another favorite summer gig at I Love Lucy’s RV Park in La Veta.  This is a pass-the-hat concert at the cool little stage they have there.  Bring a lawn chair and a hunger for some fresh popcorn and music.  It’s always a special evening at Lucy’s.  I can’t wait.

Sunday 6-8 I’m playing for the free Summer Party at Cuchara Mountain Park at the resort above Cuchara.  They’re doing activities 12-4 too like nature hikes, duck races, disc golf, and many others, as well as serving hot dogs and ice cream.  It sounds like it’ll be great time.  Come on out if you can!

____

That’s it for this week.  I’m just swimming to stay ahead of the wave in this fun summer.  I hope you’re enjoying it as much as I am, and I hope you’re staying aware of those little coincidences that are always there that show our connectedness.

Best always,

Tom

——

Details this week:

Who: Tom Munch and Dennis Mills
What: playing and singing
Where: South side of the Royal Gorge Bridge on the big stage
When: Monday, Tuesday, and Friday, June 24, 25 and 28, 12:30-4:30 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing at the Barbeque
Where:  Yellow Pine Guest Ranch, Cuchara.  719-742-3528
When:  Thursday, June 27, 6:30-8:30 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing an outdoor concert
Where:  I Love Lucy's Place RV Park, 226 W. Grand Avenue, La Veta. 719-742-3252
When:  Saturday, June 29, 7:00-8:30 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing and singing
Where:  Cuchara Mountain Park at the base of the old Cuchara Ski Area
When:  Sunday, June 30, 6-8 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment