Monday, May 25, 2015

What is Important in Life?

I'm thinking about life again and what is important to do with this limited time we have on earth. As I was working on our property (weeds and bushes and stuff) I started questioning whether that was really what I wanted to do with my time. I don't mind hard work, and if I'm not messing up my hands or fingers for playing the guitar, I will do whatever work needs to be done, but I realize that we only have so much time here on earth, and I sometimes wonder if it's more important to have fresh experiences or spend time with loved ones instead of always doing what could be considered busywork. We all know that there is always work to be done somewhere in our lives, but I do think that having a balance of work, play, family, and alone time is very important. So how do you determine what that balance should be? We only have so much time here, and living it with passion and joy, I know, is the key. 

What happened last week?

I had a bit of setback Friday when I found out I have to have a few more treatments for my leg-vein problems. I guess my body is just stubborn. It's amazing how our bodies wear out and break down. It's not too bad, it just reminds me that I'm getting older. Oh, well, keep on working. Then Sunday was the fabulous Summer in the Park concert in Westcliffe which went great even though it was cold and rainy with a bit of a breeze so that we all had to squeeze in under the amphitheater for most of the show until the sun came out. I had a wonderful group of folks who stayed with me for most of the time. It was an afternoon to remember. I posted a picture to Facebook and Twitter if you want to see what it was like - 



What's up this week?

I'm back at the Royal Gorge Bridge with the Atomic Fireballs Sunday 12:30-4:30 (They'll be playing without me with the famous blues player, Buddy Whittington, on Saturday). I haven't played at the Gorge since before the fire two years ago, and I'm anxious to see all the changes and play on the new stage on the south side of the bridge. If you'd like to hear or us or haven't seen the changes since the fire, then come on out!

I'd better run. The storm has passed and I have more outside work to get done. 

Best,

Tom

Details this week:

Who: Tom Munch and the Atomic Fireballs
What: playing and singing
Where: South side of the Royal Gorge at the Royal Gorge Bridge on the new stage just off the bridge
When: Sunday, May 31, 12:30-4:30 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment