Monday, October 17, 2016

No, I Didn’t Fall Off the Face of the Earth

It has been over a month since my last update, and after a little R&R I’m ready to hit it hard again.  Jen and I have been out and about enjoying the fall color and seeing many favorite spots around Colorado over the past few weeks.  Unfortunately we’ve also seen wildfires in several of the places we’ve visited, and the destruction of the forests from the bark beetles is very painful to see - whole stretches of nothing but grey trees with aspens interspersed.  Slowing down after such a busy summer season is also a little unnerving.  At first I go a little stir-crazy, but eventually I redirect my energy to new projects.  And this is my favorite time of the year, I think.  From the changing colors to the cooler evenings and the generally slowing pace, it becomes a much softer time of year in every way.  So in a way I do fall off the face of the earth, but I come back ready to go again.

What have I been up to?

I already told you we had done a bit of traveling.  The last time I wrote I was about to do the annual Senior Safari at the Pueblo Zoo.  Oh boy, was it a big event this year!  Over 800 people came out and saw the animals, listened to my music, ate pizza and goodies, and played bingo at the zoo.  It was a perfect day with just a touch of rain as I wrapped up my portion of the day.

What’s up this week?

Friday 7-10 I start the new season of playing at Magpies in Pueblo.  This is always a wonderful night as I get to see all of the folks I haven’t gotten to see since my last time there in the spring.  I have new guitars and new songs plus all the old favorites we always share with the great food and ambience.  Come on down if you can!

I’ll close on that note.  Be good to yourselves and try not to get to wrapped up in all the election hoopla.  It’ll be over soon enough.

Best always,

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  Magpies, 229 S. Union, Pueblo.  719-542-5522
When:  Friday, Oct 21, 7-10 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment