Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Running to Catch Up and a Few Changes


Whew!  This week is kicking me already, but I'm running full speed to catch up or stay ahead - I'm not sure which I'm doing so far.  The heat is causing part of it, and little changes in my calendar and conflicts in life are contributing too.  Nothing is bad though, and I know that a few bumps in the road just remind me how fortunate I am to have the life I have and friends and relations to love.  I've met so many interesting and genuine people over the past weeks and months, and I have to pinch myself often that I get to cross paths with so many worthwhile folks.  It's something that always amazes me.  People are so creative and resilient, and it drives my belief in humanity and the ways of love and life to be out in the world.  Life is good...life is good!

So what does this ruminating lead me to this week?  I have some interesting new bookings and gig changes coming up.

First, I'll be playing a concert July 15th from 8-10 at my old stomping grounds of Philmont Scout Ranch in Cimarron, New Mexico.  I played at Philmont last year and had such a good time that I decided to ask for it again.  So I'm playing during a big staff reunion week and a 75th anniversary year that should be a blast!  Philmont meant so much to me when I was a teenager, and it has launched so many youths on exciting lives full of adventure and success, and it's a pleasure to get to connect with these past and future folks with whom I share so much - love of mountains, love of history, camaraderie of hiking and sharing campfires and good music.  I can't wait!  I'll tell you more as we get closer to the time.

Second I'll be playing fewer brunches at Shadow Hills.  They're going through some changes and have asked me to lighten their load a bit.  I'm not sure if it will affect their business, but I'm always the person to go with the flow and seek to be a benefit and not a hindrance, and so I'll be there basically every other week, but you can check my calendar or follow my blog posts to see when I'll be playing there.

Third, the Yellow Pine is starting a week later than I had originally stated which was this week on the 13th.  Instead we'll start next week on the 20th at 6:30.  Also they won't be doing a barbecue on the 4th of July which would be a Thursday that would fall into our normal schedule.  There's just too much going on in Cuchara that day.  So I may make a 4th of July run to the mountains or a visit to Philmont for the rodeo and all the folks who return to Philmont each year for an impromptu party.

That's probably enough changes for now.  Where am I this week?

Friday I'm back at the La Veta Inn 6-9 for what hopefully will be a wonderful night on the patio.  The last couple weeks have been beautiful nights under the stars with a fire in the outdoor fireplace and good friends to share music and stories with.  I hope you'll be part of the evening some night.

Sunday I'm at brunch at Shadow Hills 10-1 for Fathers Day.  There are so many great songs for Dad, and I can't wait to share them and some good food and beautiful views with the crowd at the View Restaurant.  Come on out!  And Happy Fathers Day!

That's it for this week.

Tom

Details:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  La Veta Inn, 103 W. Ryus Ave, La Veta.  719-742-3700
When:  Friday, June 14, 6-9 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What: playing and singing for brunch
Where:  Shadow Hills Golf Course, 1232 County Rd 143, Canon City.  719-275-0603
When:  Sunday, June 16, 10 am-1 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment