Monday, March 17, 2014

Uncertainty of Tomorrow

Life is throwing me some curves again - nothing big, but I'm amazed at how those curves always throw me at first until I get some perspective.  I watch how everyone from friends to big companies and government entities deal with change.  We get this idea that things stay the same more than they change in life, but that really isn't so.  In the past few years we have had so many companies go under or come from nowhere to succeed, and we have had so many friends and loved ones move in and out of our lives or pass on, and somehow we forget these things very quickly.  I guess that's the way we protect ourselves from loss and uncertainty.  The truth is that we really don't know what tomorrow or even the rest of the day will bring.  At first that scares me, but then I see it as a tremendous release just knowing that the world is open to every possibility every single day.  Yes, we seem to live in patterns and habits that we think are set in stone, but the truth is that even these patterns and habits can and do change in very short time.  I actually kind of like the challenge of learning a new pattern or habit and the excitement that the unknown can bring.  I still believe that everything works out in the end - whether in this plane of existence or the next, so I'm never that afraid, and I always have to draw back from my instantaneous fears and remind myself of that.  I hope you do too!

So what does this week bring?

Tonight (Monday) I'm at the La Veta Inn 6-9 for St. Patrick's Day.  It should be a great time!  I'll have my green Fender Strat electric in tow as well as a fine acoustic guitar to accompany all the fun and beautiful Irish songs I know, and I'm wearin' the green, so I'm rarin' to go!  If you're in La Veta tonight please come out!

Friday I'm back at Magpies 7-10, and I'm hankering for John Denver tunes, so I'll be doing a bunch of favorites in my second set - like "Rocky Mountain High," "Country Roads," "Annie's Song," "Back Home Again," "Darcy Farrow," "Lady," "Poems, Prayers, and Promises," and gosh!  That's almost a whole set right there.  I'll sneak in any other favorites you and I might have.  John Denver's music was the first I learned on the guitar and played around the campfire, so I know a bunch!  It should be great fun, and I hope to see you there!

That's enough for this week.  I hope you all are well and happy.  I raise my glass and offer a hearty "Slainte!" (To your health!)

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  La Veta Inn, 103 W. Ryus Ave, La Veta.  719-742-3700
When:  Monday (St. Patrick's Day!), March 17, 6-9 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  Magpies, 229 S. Union, Pueblo.  719-542-5522
When:  Friday, March 21, 7-10 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment