Monday, March 31, 2014

What You Fill Your Head With

I had a realization this evening (Sunday) that was brought home to me while watching something on TV.  When I fill my head with bad thoughts and ideas then I tend to act on those bad thoughts and ideas.  I've found this before, and it may be function of my age and place in life, but I really find that I inhabit a similar space in my head to what I involve myself in the world around me.  I've heard it said before that we create our own reality, and I think this is tied up with what we're reading and talking about and experiencing in our world.  So of late I've tried to fill my time with the music and reading material, entertainment and people that I want represented in my own thoughts and actions.  It works, and it also helps me understand other people better when I see meanness and cruelty. I know this is pretty simple, but I won't argue with success in my own life. Do you see this too?

So what am I up to this week?

Friday I'll be at Magpies 7-10, and I thought it might be fun to do some of my favorite songs from the 1930's. These are tunes that I grew up with, and many are very close to my heart. (I may do a few 1920's and 1940's as well.)  Of course I'll mix in other favorites, so everyone will hear something they like. I may even bring out the old archtop guitar to get the authentic sound of the era. So please come out if you can. 

That's it for this week. Be good to each other, and I hope to see you soon. 

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  Magpies, 229 S. Union, Pueblo.  719-542-5522
When:  Friday, April 4, 7-10 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment