Monday, September 11, 2017

Caring in Tragedy

I'm watching the coverage of the hurricane in Florida and remembrances of 9/11 and thinking about life. We’ve had so much contention of late, and I’m hoping we can pull together over tragedies like we’re dealing with instead of continuing the ill will. We seem to bond together when we have a common cause or enemy. I’ve said before how I believe we are all connected and how we need each other in this life. When we go through tragedy we somehow realize this deep down. We are all an essential part of this life, and when we realize this we treat each other with kindness and caring. This love and caring is powerful, and I believe it is the way forward. It seems to be the “better angels of our nature” as Lincoln put it. Let's seize the moment and share it. 

What have I been up to?

Monday with the Atomic Fireballs at the Royal Gorge Bridge was a blast! It’s amazing how much fun can be had with a group of good players.

Wednesday at Senior Safari at the Pueblo Zoo was great fun too if a little hectic with the extra tent-space and altered setup. It was great to see so many folks I know and cherish. 

My private parties were also quite enjoyable - in beautiful places with really good folks. I’m blessed to know them. 

What’s up this week?

Wednesday evening I’m playing for one of the Medal of Honor celebrations going on this month in Pueblo. It’s great that the community is honoring these brave folks, and I’m proud to be part of it. 

Friday 6-9 I’m back at PDub Brewing Company in Pueblo West. I enjoy these folks so much, and it’s great to see people in Pueblo West that I used to play for in the days of the Pueblo West Inn. Come on out for a tasty brew, a sandwich, and some music if you can. 

Saturday I plan to play a few tunes at an Philmont reunion at some good friends' house in Colorado Springs. It’s so great to see old friends and reminisce!

Sunday afternoon I’m playing a private party that’s part of the annual Whisker 
Ball fundraiser. I donate performances to several organizations like this, and you’d be surprised how many times the good folks bid on my offering and then never set up for me to play for an event for them. That’s fine, but I’m happy to finally be able to make good on my donation. 

That’s it for this week. My mind will be on the tragedies around our world this week, and I’m hoping our caring can bring us together. 

Best always,

Tom

Details this week:

Who: Tom Munch
What: singing and playing
Where: PDub Brewing Company Taproom, 181 S Purcell Blvd, Pueblo West, 719-647-8864
When: Friday, Se ptember 15, 6-9 pm


No comments:

Post a Comment