Monday, September 4, 2017

Changing Gears

The summer is over, and it’s time to change gears. I’m always a little reticent at this time of year and a little uneasy when things slow down. It’s as if it’ll never come back to the busy time ever again. Of course I know better than that, but I still feel it. And to be honest I don’t have a lot planned this winter. I’ve been running so hard that I haven’t really stopped to think ahead too much. I have a few things scheduled, but there are some changes and opportunities coming. To start with I won’t be back at Magpies as much. We’re talking about cutting back to first Fridays instead of first and third Fridays, and we haven’t figured when we can start, so you’ll have to stay tuned. I will be staying at PDubs in Pueblo West on the third Friday of each month as I’ve been doing through the summer. I may pick something else up locally, and I’m still thinking of playing in the Springs. I have the Chuck Pyle tribute concert coming up at the beginning of October, and there are several private parties. Of course I’ll be continuing my first-Sunday online concerts, and you can take a look at my calendar on my website to see what else I have coming up. I may start writing another album too. I’m starting to feel the urge. So that’s a little of the changes coming up for me. Stay tuned!

What have I been up to?

Saturday playing with the Atomic Fireballs at the Royal Gorge Bridge was a heck of a lot of fun. We played for 8 hours, but it flew by like it was only 4.

Sunday's online concert was great fun too. I did some new songs that surprised some folks, I heard. I like doing that.

What’s up this week?

Monday I’m back at the Royal Gorge Bridge with the Atomic Fireballs 12:30-4:30. I’m sure it’s going to be another fun afternoon.

Wednesday 10:30-1:00 I’m playing at the annual Senior Safari at the Pueblo Zoo which is always very enjoyable. They hope to draw 1000 people this year, and we will have a huge tent set up to complement the pavilion. It’s a free day for seniors with pizza and salad provided and my music and then bingo in addition to lots of special animals with the docents and the whole rest of the zoo which is always just great.

Tuesday and Friday I have private parties for some great folks which I’m really looking forward to.

That’s it for this week. I hope you have a good Labor Day and a great start to your September.

Best always,

Tom

Details this week:

Who: Tom Munch and the Atomic Fireballs
What: playing and singing
Where: South side of the Royal Gorge at the Royal Gorge Bridge on the stage just off the bridge
When: Monday, Sept 4, 12:30 am-4:30 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing and singing at the Senior Safari - FREE to all senior citizens 65+
Where:  Pueblo Zoo
When:  Wednesday, September 6, 10:30-1:00 (event runs 10:00-2:00)

No comments:

Post a Comment