Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Times with Old Friends

I had an old friend visit this past week, and it reminded me how fast life passes by. I hadn't seen him in 33 years, and we picked up pretty quickly where we left off. It's amazing how many things change and how many stay the same. And it really made me think of the paths we choose and the paths that are chosen for us.  I've always been a "go-with-the-flow" kind of a guy, and that approach has led me to some more interesting places than I thought I would go.  I can't help but wonder what other places I would have seen if I would have been more aggressive in my career as well.  I guess we all do.  Anyway, as long as I'm making music and making people happy I think I've succeeded in my goals.

So this is a very busy week for me.  Let me tell you what I'm up to.

Friday I'm playing for the big Anniversary Party 6:30-7:15 at the Sangre de Cristo Arts Center in Pueblo.  They have me on the Paseo overlooking the courtyard where the Festival Friday bands play, so if you're attending the event you will see me playing my little tunes on the balcony.

Saturday I'm playing the Boats, Bands, and Barbecue event in Pueblo 12-2 on the Acoustic Stage. I'm not exactly sure where this stage will be set up, but if you come to the main stage at Main and Alan Hamel I'm sure the Acoustic Stage will be somewhere close by. 

Saturday I'm also playing at the La Veta Inn 6-9. I've been getting wonderful folks in La Veta so far, and I always enjoy playing there - especially on the patio like we did last Friday. It's still a little chilly by 9:00, but we're tough right?

Sunday I'm back at Shadow Hills for brunch 10-1. I've missed the last two weeks there, so I'm anxious to see the staff and great regulars I enjoy so much. 

Come out to one of these venues if you can. I always love seeing you and getting to share memories and good times!

Tom

Details this week:

Who: Tom Munch
What: playing and singing
Where: Sangre de Cristo Arts and Conference Center on the Paseo, 210 N. Santa Fe Ave, Pueblo, CO
When: Friday, June 7, 6:30-7:15 pm

Who: Tom Munch 
What: playing and singing
Where: Boats, Bands, and Barbeque, Main and Alan Hamel, Pueblo, CO
When: Saturday, June 8, 12-2 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  La Veta Inn, 103 W. Ryus Ave, La Veta.  719-742-3700
When:  Saturday, June 8, 6-9 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What: playing and singing for brunch
Where:  Shadow Hills Golf Course, 1232 County Rd 143, Canon City.  719-275-0603
When:  Sunday, June 9, 10 am-1 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment