Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Feels like summer! Big concert this Sunday!


I'm coming off a weekend at the Royal Gorge Bridge with the Atomic Fireballs and also solo at the La Veta Inn to kick off my summer.  It was a big dose of summer all at once that kind of overwhelmed me. I'm bouncing back, but there's no denying that I hit the ground running last weekend. Sure, I used to do this and more 20 years ago, but there's something weird about doing this still in my fifties. I used to love to challenge myself to see how much I could take, playing eight-hours-a-day or more plus travel and setup time.  I loved revving myself up and seeing what limits I could break through.  (I think we're capable of a lot more than we think!)  Today I know that I'm in the best shape of my life with diet and exercise, but I still wonder if I'm crazy sometimes.  So my calendar has slowed down a bit overall since slowing seems more prudent, I value home-time, and I'm kind of a lazy booker, but I still love to go, go, go at times!

So where am I going this week?

Friday I'm back at the La Veta Inn 6-9.  I didn't set up on the patio last week since it was windy and the dust was flying when I arrived.  It turned out to be a beautiful evening though when the wind calmed down, so I guessed wrong.  I still had some wonderful folks in the restaurant and bar who were very kind and appreciative of my offerings.  I'm so lucky sometimes!  If you're in the area or want to take a drive on Friday, then come on down!  They have a new chef, and the charm is wonderful as always.

Sunday is a very special event.  I'm playing at the Feed Store Amphitheater and Park in Westcliffe at 2:00 as part of their summer concert series.  If you've never heard of the Feed Store, check out their website and particularly the video on the homepage that tells all about the Feed Store itself and the amphitheater - http://www.westcliffefeedstore.com.  This is an honor to play this venue, and I'm in some very good company with the other folks they're having this summer - Susan Gibson, Acoustic Eidolon, and Jimmy Stadler to name a few.  This will be a beautiful outdoor event with great views of the Sangre de Cristo range and the wonderful mountain air.  I'd recommend bringing a comfortable lawn chair although there are a number of chairs there as well if they're not all spoken for by the time you arrive.  They have refreshments, and you can walk around the park as well.  I'd love to have you there!

That's all for this week.  I hope you have a lovely start to your summer.

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  La Veta Inn, 103 W. Ryus Ave, La Veta.  719-742-3700
When:  Friday, May 31, 6-9 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing and singing a concert in the mountains
Where:  The Feed Store Amphitheater, 116 North 2nd Street, Westcliffe.  719-783-2771
When:  Sunday, June 2, 2-5 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment