Monday, November 3, 2014

Music is Magic

Jen and I watched the documentary, "Alive Inside", on Netflix yesterday, and I'm once again enthralled by the magic of music. You may remember seeing the clip that was going around last summer from this film showing a mostly unresponsive man in a nursing home come alive when they put headphones on him with his favorite music playing. Here's a link if you haven't seen it - http://youtu.be/NKDXuCE7LeQ. The documentary is more than just about Alzheimer's patients even though this is the main thrust, but what touched me is that music affects parts of our brain and our soul that can't be reached in any other way. It's almost magical to see how people's moods can be changed and lives can be affected by a simple song or two. I don't know if we'll ever understand what music truly is and what its function is in our world, but I'm thrilled to get to move about in it every day. I need to always remember that it's magic and never take for granted that I get to create and deliver it. "Alive Inside" is also touring the country in theaters. They have a website with more info - http://www.aliveinside.us/#land.

Highlights from my last blog

Magpies was a blast a couple weeks ago! I did mostly Halloween songs, and I had most of you regulars back for the start of what will hopefully be another great season.

What's up this week?

I'm back at Magpies Friday 7-10 for another go 'round. I haven't picked out a theme for this week, but I'm game for anything folks would like to hear. Come on out and add to the magic!

So that's it for this week. I'd love to see you if you're in the area.

Best always,

Tom

Details:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  Magpies, 229 S. Union, Pueblo.  719-542-5522
When:  Friday, November 7, 7-10 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment