Monday, August 17, 2026

Tuzi

We had an interesting week last week. Our cat Tuzi had a dental cleaning the previous Friday, and by Monday we knew she wasn’t quite right. She wasn’t eating normally, and she seemed a little sluggish. Tuesday morning we called the vet to see if we could get her in to get checked out. We finally got in by mid-afternoon, and her kidney levels were very high. We did some subcutaneous fluids and a couple other shots, and the vet said we could take her home and continue the fluids with some other meds. She said it might be smart to take her to the animal ER to get her on IV fluids if we really wanted to make sure she was okay. The ER checked her over a little better and found with an ultrasound that she had a mass on her intestines. They recommended she be checked into the hospital next door to stabilize her more and to have surgery to remove the mass. So that’s where we are as I write this on Sunday. We don’t know what the mass is, but she has had good fluids and some food that have brought her levels back to normal. After the surgery she’ll be able to come home by mid-week, and hopefully we can take care of her well. She’ll have an esophageal feeding tube for quite some time which will make it easier to give her food, water, and meds until she has healed. We’ll find out what the mass is next week, and hopefully that won’t be anything bad. She was in the same hospital after we first got her 9 years ago for kidney issues caused by a wrong drug she was prescribed. It will be a lot of work caring for her until she’s stable with healing abdominal surgery and a feeding tube. I’ll stay home as much as I can to help Jen with her. This will mean cancelling my senior facilities for a while although I’ll try to keep some gigs when I can. Our pets have always been our family, and right now we’ll pull together to support Tuzi. 


——


What have I been up to? 


I cancelled all but 4 of my senior facilities where they fit in with our trips to Colorado Springs to see Tuzi. I enjoyed seeing the folks. 


The party I did on Wednesday evening in the Cuchara for the Hermosa group was wonderful. I’ll miss seeing those folks. 


My Sunday online show was my normal favorites and requests, and there were some great requests and kind support for Tuzi. I love these folks. 


——


What am I up to this week?


I have 15 senior facilities scheduled for this week, but I’ll probably end up cancelling most of them depending on how we’re doing with Tuzi. 


Wednesday I won’t do an online show so I can be there for Tuzi since she will have just come home hopefully. 


My Sunday online show 7-8:45 mountain time will be favorites and requests as long as we have Tuzi settled into a routine. 


——


That’s it for this week. Life is always full of surprises. Send our little girl some good thoughts and energy if you would including a prayer if you’re a praying person. We’re all in this together. 


Best,


Tom


——


Details this week:


Who:  Tom Munch 

What:  playing and singing an online concert of favorites and requests 

Where:  facebook.com/tom.munch and tommunch.com/online-concerts   

When:  Sunday, August 23, 7-8:45 pm mountain time

No comments:

Post a Comment