Thursday, March 14, 2013

Back off the road!


I'm dictating this into my phone on the road. I'm passing through spring fields in Kansas, smelling the earth and listening to radio show about stories we tell each other. The show in Wisconsin was more than fun, it was uplifting. I got to see some old friends and make some new ones. I got to play some old favorites and some of my own tunes. It was exhilarating! Mark Dierker, the photographer for the event put some fine videos on Facebook. You can see them here -  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ruFTYd0tOU&list=PLsT-RO5GoLPpOcs4eNDI7-TLjtgWpT40t. Thanks again to everyone who made it such a stellar time!

But I'm back in Colorado now (as I finish this) and anxious to tell of my adventures. One of the fun things we did was a night hike around a tree farm in knee-deep snow.  Wisconsin is pretty beautiful - even in the dark!  Another fun thing was driving in sideways rain along I-80 in the dark.  Anyway, lots more to tell you about.  Come on out to my gigs and I'll fill you in.

So where will I be this week?

Friday I'm back at Magpies 7-10 for a down-under good time in the basement taproom. Come on down for more stories and favorite tunes among friends. I promise I won't do too many Irish songs, but it is St. Patrick's Day this Sunday!

Sunday is a Saint Patrick's Day celebration at Shadow Hills for brunch 9-1. There'll be Irish goodies and plenty of Irish tunes as well, so come join in the fun and the wearin' of the green!  I'm really looking forward to some corned beef and cabbage!

Best,

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  Magpies, 229 S. Union, Pueblo.  719-542-5522
When:  Friday, March 15, 7-10 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What: playing and singing for brunch
Where:  Shadow Hills Golf Course, 1232 County Rd 143, Canon City.  719-275-0603
When:  Sunday, March 17, 9 am-1 pm

Directions to Shadow Hills:
Go south on 9th Street from the main light in CaƱon City to the bend in the road and turn right on Elm by the cemetery.  Then it's just one block on Elm before it veers/turns left and becomes Oak Creek Grade.  Twist through a few turns and come over a hill and you'll see the restaurant and club house on your left across the golf course. Then turn left into the drive at the Shadow Hills and The View sign and up to the main stucco two-story building.  The restaurant is up the stairs to your right or take the elevator straight ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment