Monday, March 25, 2013

Taxes done - WHEW! Spring snow and summer planning.


Well, I finished my taxes last night.  It was quite a relief!  As always, I found a bunch of errors where I entered things wrong or just plain didn't enter things at all in my books.  It seems that I never can be too meticulous or complete.  I don't know if you have those problems too, but if I hadn't have studied business in college I'm sure I'd be even worse off.  I'm glad some of that study paid off.  I really struggled through accounting and finance though.  I'm so glad to be done!  What a load of effort!

And winter is throwing it's last efforts at us too.  We had a very pretty dusting of snow last night and this morning to go with the scarier windy snow we had on Saturday.  I saw a beautiful satellite picture from NASA of Colorado from this last storm.  Snow blanketed almost the whole state!  It was something!  Here's a link if you want to see it - http://lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov/imagery/subsets/?subset=AERONET_BSRN_BAO_Boulder.2013083.terra.500m.  It's pretty big, so it may take a while to load.  Pueblo Reservoir and the Arkansas River are visible at the bottom center heading off to the right.

I'm booking up the summer still.  I just agreed to a bunch of Fridays at the La Veta Inn.  I always enjoy the La Veta Inn - especially the patio on a beautiful summer evening.  You can check my schedule anytime at http://tommunch.com/Tom_Munch/Calendar.html.  I try to have a link to a map for each gig if you click on the gig.  They don't always work, but I keep trying.

So that's enough yacking for one week, where am I this week?

Sunday I'll be playing Easter Sunday brunch 10-3 at Shadow Hills.  This is a pretty big event, and there are still times open for reservations.  I'd love to see you there if you're going out that day.  Brunch includes custom-made omelets, orange pecan french toast, ham, beef, egg casserole, green chili, chicken tarragon, scalloped potatoes, oven-roasted potatoes, coconut-cream tarts, amaretto-cream cake, blueberry cobbler, mimosas, bloody Marys, and much much more for $19.95 and $8.95 for children under 10.  Call 719-275-0603, ext 102 for reservations.  Happy Easter!

That's it for now.  Thanks for your friendship!

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What: playing and singing for brunch
Where:  Shadow Hills Golf Course, 1232 County Rd 143, Canon City.  719-275-0603
When:  Sunday, March 31, 10 am-3 pm

Directions to Shadow Hills:
(There's construction on the regular route, so you need to turn a couple blocks ahead of Elm on Cyanide and follow the Detour signs to get to Elm.) Go south on 9th Street from the main light in Cañon City to the bend in the road and turn right on Elm by the cemetery.  Then it's just one block on Elm before it veers/turns left and becomes Oak Creek Grade.  Twist through a few turns and come over a hill and you'll see the restaurant and club house on your left across the golf course. Then turn left into the drive at the Shadow Hills and The View sign and up to the main stucco two-story building.  The restaurant is up the stairs to your right or take the elevator straight ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment