Sunday, May 19, 2013

Annual Digging up sprinkler system / The summer begins!


I just spent the last three hours digging up the sprinkler system and repairing leaks and clogged heads.  It's an annual event around our place, and I would sure welcome a better option.  Burying up something so prone to failure seems crazy, and I have dreamed up several solutions involving putting the system in the fence or putting it in edging so it's easier to access and repair.  Hopefully I won't find another leak right away!

This is the first week of the summer season for me, and it brings so much excitement!  I'm hitting the ground running though, and hopefully I can keep up with the pace.  I've scaled it down a bit from past summers, so it shouldn't be too much trouble.  I need some new tires on my car though, and I'm still making sure I have enough batteries and CD's - and general energy!

So what's up this week?

Friday I start the season at the La Veta Inn 6-9.  I'm in hopes that the weather will be good enough to start out on the patio since it's so beautiful out there.  I know there have been some staff changes, and I'm anxious to meet everyone and see what the vibe is in La Veta this summer.  Come on out if you can!

Saturday, Sunday, and Monday I'm at the Royal Gorge Bridge with the Atomic Fireballs 12:30-4:30. We'll be playing lots of fun music from old rock to country to blues.  We'll be on the south side of the bridge, so you'll either have to cross over or come up the back way (the south entrance is accessed three miles west of the main entrance.)  It's always a blast playing at the Gorge, and this is the first time I've played with the boys this year, so I'm really looking forward to it!

Of course Monday is Memorial Day, so I want to wish you a Happy Memorial Day, and I hope you get to spend it doing whatever you like to do - remembering loved ones as you barbecue or boat or fish or whatever you enjoy.

Best to you always,

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  La Veta Inn, 103 W. Ryus Ave, La Veta.  719-742-3700
When:  Friday, May 24, 6-9 pm

Who:  Tom Munch and the Atomic Fireballs
What:  playing and singing
Where:  South side of the Royal Gorge at the Royal Gorge Bridge
When:  Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, May 25, 26, and 27, 12:30-4:30 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment