Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Catching My Breath Before Summer


This is my last week before the summer season really starts to kick in, and I'm catching my breath and trying to visualize all the great gigs I have coming up.  I get to see old friends and meet new ones, and I get to play in some beautiful places.  This is always a time of going through my gear and making sure I have everything I need for the summer, shoring up the last gigs I've been working on, and thinking about the gigs I'd like for future summers.  I don't spend enough time planning and thinking on these kind of things, and I think that's important.  Here's a brief rundown of my summer.

Ongoing gigs include almost weekly appearances at the La Veta Inn starting next week, the Yellow Pine in Cuchara mid-June to mid-August, and my regular brunches at Shadow Hills.  Special gigs include Memorial Day weekend and the last weekend in July at the Royal Gorge Bridge with the Atomic Fireballs.  Also I'm doing the first Sunday in June in Westcliffe at the Feed Store amphitheater and the last Tuesday in Cañon City for the Concert in the Park series.  I'm playing for Boats, Bands and Barbeque the first weekend of June in Pueblo.  We have three performances of the Song of Pueblo oratorio (June, July, and August), and I'm doing a series of performances for Boy Scout groups at a rafting company at the Royal Gorge.  I'm playing with the band in Westcliffe for the Westcliffe Stampede dance in July as well as Gold Rush Days in Buena Vista in August.  Along with that there are several private parties, and I am still talking to Philmont, the St. James in Cimarron, and Little London in the Springs about playing.  And there are always surprises!  So I'll enjoy this last week of prep before the season starts in earnest for me.

I just have one public gig this week.  It's National Nursing Home Week, so I have a ton of private nursing gigs.

Sunday I'm at Shadow Hills for brunch 10-1.  Last week was crazy there for Mothers Day.  I saw so many friends and families - I think we had over 250 people out for brunch.  I put remote speakers in every room.  This week will be a little quieter, and the last week before I take a couple off to play for Memorial Day weekend at the Gorge and the concert in Westcliffe.  Come on out if you can for some good friends, food, and a little music.

Hope you have a great week!

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What: playing and singing for brunch
Where:  Shadow Hills Golf Course, 1232 County Rd 143, Canon City.  719-275-0603
When:  Sunday, May 19, 10 am-1 pm

Directions to Shadow Hills:
(There's construction on the regular route, so you need to turn a couple blocks ahead of Elm on Cyanide and follow the Detour signs to get to Elm.) Go south on 9th Street from the main light in Cañon City to the bend in the road and turn right on Elm by the cemetery.  Then it's just one block on Elm before it veers/turns left and becomes Oak Creek Grade.  Twist through a few turns and come over a hill and you'll see the restaurant and club house on your left across the golf course. Then turn left into the drive at the Shadow Hills and The View sign and up to the main stucco two-story building.  The restaurant is up the stairs to your right or take the elevator straight ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment