Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy Mother's Day / A look ahead at the summer

May is upon us again, and I'm sure some of you are celebrating Cinco de Mayo today.  I've been doing Spanish tunes for the past couple of weeks to help celebrate this with my gringo Spanish, but I've also been singing songs for mom.  I got to spend last weekend with my mother (which was great since it was also my birthday), and it seems that there's never enough time to catch up and really spend quality time together.  My mother keeps reminding me that she may not be here too much longer.  I know that, and I cherish every moment I get to spend with her - especially since my dad's been gone for almost nine years now.  Mom and I spent time reminiscing and eating and visiting some of her favorite places in town.  It was too short as always.  She even arranged for me to sing at church a couple times which was a treat!  So make sure you think of your mom this week - especially on Mothers Day.  If you're fortunate enough to still have her in your life, then give her a call, tell her you love her, and get together with her if you can.  I'm not afraid to say it - I love my mom!

I have a busy summer coming up, and I wanted to give you a heads-up if you're a planner so you can make some of my gigs if you'd like.  You can check my schedule at tommunch.com for any of these gigs with details on locations and times.  I update it continuously.

•La Veta Inn - I'll be playing here many Fridays this summer 6-9, starting the first week in June.
•Magpies - I'll be here May 23, 7-10 for a last blowout evening before the summer kicks in.
•Yellow Pine - I'll be playing the weekly Thursday barbecue June 12 to August 14, 6:30-8:30.
•Arizona - I'm playing a house concert in Prescott May 30 and a wedding in Sedona May 31.
•City Center Eats - I'm playing this lunch event on June 5, 11-2 at El Pueblo History Museum in Pueblo.
•Feed Store Concert - I'll be playing the Summer in the Park series June 8, 2-5.
•8 Mile Bar and Grill - I'll be playing June 21, 29, July 12, 27, and August 3 - times vary.
•Red River - I may be playing a concert on top of the ski area lunchtime July 12.
•Philmont - I'm setting up a concert for July 12, 8-10.
•Westcliffe Stampede Rodeo - I'll be playing the dance July 19, 9-1 with the band Midnight Rain.
•Coyote Creek Concert - I'll be playing a concert July 2, 7-9 at Casey Jones Park in Elizabeth, CO.
•Gold Rush Days - I'll be playing August 9 and 10, 11-3, for this annual festival in Buena Vista, CO.

There will be more, but that's enough to look forward to for now.  I'm excited to have so much to do this summer!

So what does this week bring?

Friday I'll be at the La Veta Inn 6-9 for pre-summer gig.  I know there will be many friends out for this, and I'm looking forward to sharing some great music and laughs as we look forward to the summer.  Come out if you can!

That's probably enough for one week.  Be good to each other, and come see me when you can.

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  La Veta Inn, 103 W. Ryus Ave, La Veta.  719-742-3700
When:  Friday, May 9, 6-9 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment