Monday, May 26, 2014

Hitting the Road

I love being on the road. There's something so free and peaceful about gliding over the open road. That's why I wrote the song, "The Road." I just get mesmerized while seeing the great spaces of our country. Someday we hope to spend more time on the road playing house concerts and festivals. That's our long-term plan anyway. The summer is the perfect time to do it! The road is also a spiritual and metaphoric experience. How many books and movies have been written about epic journeys. It just appeals to our psyche - the freedom and the adventure. I love it!

This week I'm playing two gigs in Arizona. Friday evening I'm playing a house concert at the home of Steve and Ann Atkinson in Prescott. I met Steve and Ann last year and got to spend time with them last fall when I played the Sharlot Hall Music Festival. Steve is a wonderful western artist, and Ann has recently committed full time to promoting and managing Steve's art business. I'm blessed to know these two wonderful people. Saturday night I'm playing for a wedding reception in Sedona for two people I met last fall in Prescott while at the same festival I mentioned above. This should be great fun, and I'm really looking forward to hitting the road and playing for some new faces.

That's all for this week. I'll keep it short and sweet.

Best always,

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment