Monday, August 17, 2015

Numb, but Gaining Perspective

I’m back in Pueblo again and am trying to get back into my routine somewhat.  I’m more rattled than I thought I would be with the loss of my mom.  It’s not that I didn’t think I would be affected a great deal, but it has left me numb in ways I couldn’t have guessed.  I will be missing a lot of gigs into the fall and early winter of this year as I help to settle her estate.  There’s so much to do.  And I didn’t expect to just feel numb and have the wind taken out of my sails as I do.  But I’m finding comfort in the rising of the sun and the little beauties of the world.  Music is always a well of meaning and mystery for me that I find solace in, and it reminds me of the wonder in the world, and the energy that courses through us all.  I am changed forever somehow, but I value the experiences I have had, and I thank my mom and my life for all I have been given.

What’s up this week?

Friday we’re putting on the Song of Pueblo at PCC at 7:00.  We’ll have all the changes we had prepared for last time to show off that I hope you’ll like.  Tickets are $15 and are available at the Visitor Information Center, 301 North Union, 719-543-2430.  You can call to reserve tickets and they’ll be waiting for you at the show.  I hope you’ll come and experience his vibrant history.

That’s it for this week.  As I said before, my schedule is going to be changed week by week as I navigate settling my mother’s estate with my siblings.  I hope to keep most of the weekend gigs I have scheduled.

Best always,

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch with Johnny Watson, David Enke, & Alan Polivka
What:  playing, singing, & telling the history of Pueblo at the Song of Pueblo oratorio
Where:  Hoag Theater, Pueblo Community College, Orman and Arthur, Pueblo.  719-543-2430 for tickets
When:  Friday, August 21, 7:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment