Monday, March 28, 2016

New Friend

We got a new friend in the house, a collie mix one-year-old pup we're calling Beau, who is redefining our daily life in new ways, and it makes me remember what joy is in new ways. It's amazing how pets can affect our demeanor. They are happy and sensitive and can take us back to the present moment all at once. It's wonderful and a delight to spend time with him - even now as he's pushing my iPad out of my hands. It makes me remember that it's the little things in life that are worthwhile. I always know this, but it's nice to have a reminder now and then. 

I'm keeping this short because we are in Nebraska going though more of my mom's house, and it's time to get to work today. 

What has happened since last I wrote?

Magpies was a blast last time! With the new album out I had a lot of folks come out to purchase it and share in the excitement of new creativity. I'm still not practiced up on the new tunes enough to run through more than a few, but I gave it a shot. The official album-release party won't be until the first Friday of May, so I'll be polished on them by then. 

What is up for this week?

Friday night will be Magpies 7-10, and I'll be rarin' to go after a week going through the house here, so expect some energy and fun if you make it out. Then Saturday I'm playing a private show of Song of Pueblo with the band and Daniel Valdez that will get us ready for our big shows in the middle of the month at Sangre de Cristo Arts Center. These will be big and exciting shows, and we are looking forward to them. Tickets are available at the Arts Center box office if you're interested. Shows are Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday afternoon and night. 

That's it for this week. Thank you for supporting my musical adventures. Now I have a little floppy-eared friend needing a walk. 

Best always,

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  Magpies, 229 S. Union, Pueblo.  719-542-5522
When:  Friday, April 1, 7-10 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment