Monday, August 7, 2017

Self Doubt

I’ve been thinking about self doubt this past weekend. With all our accomplishments it’s still easy to get down on ourselves and diminish how we view our selves. I do this occasionally, and it always half surprises me and half disappoints me. I’ve been luckier than most - able to work at something I love and to be somewhat successful at it - and yet I still get down on myself when I feel I have not done my best and am therefor unworthy of the love that people share with me. My philosophy of life leads me to believe that we are each an amazing creation of the universe that is magnificent and full of the force and love of God inside of us. When I live out of that realization I don’t have self doubt, but instead am overflowing with love for others and care for the situations of my day. I just have to remind myself of this whenever I find myself drifting.

What have I been up to?

Monday at the Royal Gorge Bridge was way more fun than I should be allowed. Playing in the great outdoors for wonderful people was a hoot!

Thursday at the Yellow Pine was a fun crowd as always with old and new friends. I even got to have a brief phone conversation with the previous owner over the phone from Honduras.

Sunday my online concert was a little different with more mellow songs than I usually do. I really enjoyed it! I played old and new guitars and really had a great time.

What’s up this week?

Thursday 6:30-8:30 is the Yellow Pine Barbeque once again. There are only a few more of these for the season, so if you want great barbeque and my music, then come on down!

Saturday morning 9-10 I’m playing at the Huajatolla Heritage Festival in the La Veta Park at breakfast. This is kind of an un-advertised thing, but it should be a fun morning. Come have breakfast and listen to my music before you browse what should be a great festival.

Saturday afternoon I have a private 90th birthday party that I will love playing for.  I really like playing for seniors.

That’s it for this week. The summer is winding down, but there are a few big things left. Stay tuned!

Best,

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing at the Barbeque
Where:  Yellow Pine Guest Ranch, Cuchara.  719-742-3528
When:  Thursday, August 10, 6:30-8:30 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing for breakfast
Where:  La Veta Park on Ryus Ave, La Veta
When:  Saturday, August 12, 9-10 am

No comments:

Post a Comment