Monday, August 14, 2017

Stillness

I’m sitting here enjoying stillness. All is quiet around me currently, and though I have things on my plate I am fairly unworried. This has been an interesting week. Two of my guitars mysteriously developed big sound problems with the electronics that just as mysteriously went away, we had a monster hail storm that broke windows in a family house that was selling the very next day, a couple friends have contracted serious illnesses, and there’s the constant barrage of angst and unrest in the country and the world. But right now I am enjoying the stillness. It is enough. I have said before that I always have a sense that everything will ultimately be okay. I feel this deep in my bones. In the moment there is peace, and these moments sometimes feel like all there really is. I once heard that time is constant and we are moving through it. I feel this way when I experience stillness. I am temporarily outside of time and able to just reflect as though time has stopped. That’s when worry stops for me and I know that everything will be okay.

Why have I been up to?

Thursday at Yellow Pine was another really fun group. My sisters Jane and Carol came up from New Mexico, and friends came down from Pueblo as well as from right around Cuchara to make it a very sweet night.

Saturday morning at the Huajatolla Heritage Festival was also a very special event. Morning in the park is beautiful, and I had some really great folks come out to enjoy it with me.

What am I up to this week?

Wednesday night at 7:00 I’m playing a free concert with Trudy Price and Dennis Mills at the Community building in Cuchara. I’ve been playing a few gigs with Trudy and Dennis since last summer, and we just blended our styles and personalities in a very interesting way that is pretty entertaining. In truth, we just have a great time playing and harmonizing with each other, and that spills out to the audience. Come on out if you can!

Thursday night 6:30-8:30 is the barbeque at Yellow Pine, and it may be the last one of the season depending on the attendance. We’ve had so many nice folks out this summer, and I’ve enjoyed it immensely. The food is always good, the ambience so warm, the fire so crackly and aromatic, and the music and friendship flowing so freely that it’s been a real treat. If we have a lot of folks out this week then we’ll do one more next week. So don’t miss it!

Friday night 6-9 I’m back at PDub Brewing Company for another fun night of brews and music. I've really taken to enjoying the folks at PDubs and seeing some of my Pueblo West friends regularly. We’re talking about continuing into the fall and winter if everyone's game for it.

Sunday 2-5 I’m returning to Westcliffe for one of my favorite annual gigs - the
Feedstore Concert Series. The Feedstore is a beautiful restaurant and park on the west end of Westcliffe that features a fantastic amphitheater and grassy space surrounded by trees that welcomes great free music and plays each summer. I have been lucky enough to be featured for several summers. Bring a chair and your listening ears to listen to music in the shadow of the tall peaks!

That’s all for this week, and it’s a lot! I hope you’re having a good summer and hope to see you soon!

Best always,

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch, Trudy Price, and Dennis Mills
What:  playing a concert
Where:  Cuchara Rec Center, 16500 Hwy 12, Cuchara
When:  Wednesday, August 16, 7:00 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing at the Barbeque
Where:  Yellow Pine Guest Ranch, Cuchara.  719-742-3528
When:  Thursday, August 17, 6:30-8:30 pm

Who: Tom Munch
What: singing and playing
Where: PDub Brewing Company Taproom, 181 S Purcell Blvd, Pueblo West, 719-647-8864
When: Friday, August 18, 6-9 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing and singing a concert in the mountains
Where:  The Feed Store Amphitheater, 116 North 2nd Street, Westcliffe.  719-783-2771
When:  Sunday, August 20, 2-5 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment