Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Keeping in Perfect Balance


I woke up in bed last night in the middle of the night with my wife, Jen, on one side of me and our cat, Anisette, on the other.  As I lay there I realized that I was perfectly balanced on my hip - on one side lightly leaning against Jen, and on the other lightly leaning on my arm that Anisette was nestled under.  I felt the interdependency of the three of us there to support each other in sleep, and yet knowing that the slightest movement would also shift the symmetry and balance we were experiencing.  I know we experience this unconsciously in sleep and in life - not knowing how much we are interdependent, and not knowing the perfect balance we are maintaining as we weave through our days - leaning and flowing against each other.  We are much more dependent on each other and our world around us than we probably will ever understand.  Sometimes we get this.  Often we don't.  The Native Americans have a phrase, "All My Relations" that approaches this concept simply and well.  We are all related and we are all one - from the way we share so many traits to the way we are  interdependent.  Keeping in perfect balance is part of this.

So what am I up to this week?  Well, I didn't have anything scheduled when I wrote last week, but on Friday I had one of my good friends who hears me at the La Veta Inn ask me to play this Friday for a friend of theirs who is visiting. This is the big Celtic Festival weekend in La Veta, Walsenburg, and Gardner, and so we hadn't planned on me playing, but it turns out that my playing will be a good fit, so I'll be there.

Friday I'm at the La Veta Inn 6-9. Come on by if you can!  This will most likely be my last gig there for this year.

So I hope you're doing well and are enjoying the fall season. Appreciate the gifts the earth has to share all around us, and keep sensing that Perfect Balance.

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  La Veta Inn, 103 W. Ryus Ave, La Veta.  719-742-3700
When:  Friday, September 28, 6-9 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment