Monday, September 2, 2013

Life Changes


I had another change in my life when Shadow Hills called this week and told me they wanted to stop having me play for Sunday brunch.  Of course it hurt a little to hear this, but it made me think of life in general and all the changes we see in our lifetimes and how we react to them.  (BTW, I'd seen the change coming at Shadow Hills - I really take it as my fault for not maintaining good enough contact and feedback as management changes were happening.  It's okay though, I'm ready for a change.)  So back to general changes and how we handle them.  I've thought quite a bit about change and how we react and respond to it.  Of course the fall-back is to fear it.  I almost always do this, but I find that change has almost always worked out to be good in the long run.  I won't deny that there is a pang in my heart and mind when I remember and so miss what came before, but I've really found that change with an open mind can lead to more fulfillment and peace if I let it.  That "letting it" is a big part of the equation.  When I resist the change too much, then I find myself moping and whining about what is really an opportunity for growth.  I'll be blatantly honest, I'm not the guy who goes out of his way to always plan ahead and make concrete decisions.  I'm more the guy who goes with the flow and lets life and each situation guide me.  Growth comes when I listen to the situation and realize what bigger options I have.  I think that our purpose in life is to grow into more loving and understanding beings.  So bring on the change!

What am I up to this week?  I only have one gig to tell you about.

Friday night I'm at the La Veta Inn 6-9.  I'll be at the La Veta Inn three more times before their season is over.  I so enjoy the beautiful nights on the patio, and one of the couples last week (their first time at the La Veta Inn) said that the patio at the Inn was about the most beautiful place they'd ever spent an evening.  That's how I feel, and I hope you'll come and experience it yourself.

So Happy Labor Day, and I hope to see you soon!

Tom

Details this week.

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  La Veta Inn, 103 W. Ryus Ave, La Veta.  719-742-3700
When:  Friday, September 6, 6-9 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment