Monday, January 16, 2017

Life’s Wild Ride

I’m thinking this morning about what a wild ride this life can be.  Like everyone else I have a million things up in the air right now that lead me to consternation and uncertainty.  I won’t go into a long list because I know we all have these worries that we can fret over whenever we want to - finances, health, relationships, politics, and on and on.  Instead I’ll talk about the sense that everything is going to work out fine.  I can’t explain it, but I’ve always had a sense that we will all be okay - from when I was 19 and a tornado was bearing down on the house I was in to when I was 54 and I was facing a mountain of work with my mom’s estate.  I’ve always had this pervading sense of calm and peace.  Whether I’ve been in the midst of religion or in the throes of philosophy, I’ve always had a knowing in me that there is truly nothing to fear.  At times I thought I was just naive, and at times I thought I was very wise, but through it all I’ve never really doubted that somewhere everything would be all right.  I said something about this in my last writing - yesterday is past and there’s no point in worrying about tomorrow, so why not have peace that today is going to be a good day, and why not find joy and fulfillment in spreading goodwill and love?  I wish you the best always.

What have I been up to?

Magpies a couple weeks ago had to be cancelled due to a relative’s death in the Magpies’ family.  I was so sorry to hear of this and was happy to cancel.  We all have to support each other in times of need.

I played an 80th birthday yesterday for old friends whom I’ve played for many, many times.  It was a wonderful event.  Happy Birthday, Jeanne!

What’s up this week?

Friday 7-10 I’m back at Magpies with lots of energy for the new year.  I’ll have a couple different guitars in tow so we can have some excitement and variety.  I’m still not sure what I’m playing, but I’m always game for the ride.  We have fun!

Saturday at 7:00 I’m playing a concert in Florence, Colorado, at the Bell Tower Cultural Center for the Florence Arts Council.  This is a wonderful place in an old church where they feature visual artists and a little music now and then too.  If you’re a lover of the fine arts this is a great place!  Tickets are $8 for members and $10 for non-members and are available in Florence at the Bell Tower or the Fox  Den.

What’s on the horizon?

I just booked PDub Brewing Company Taproom for January 27th 6-9.  PDub is owned by good friends from Pueblo West, and is my first time playing in Pueblo West in quite a long while.  You may remember the news stories about PDub from October when the brewmaster, Brad Schoolland, rolled his pickup truck and had to be put into a medically-induced coma to help him heal from life-threatening injuries.  He’s doing better, but he’s still on a road to recovery.  He’s currently in Denver in rehab with his wife, Amanda, and family is running the place and bringing in guest brewers to keep the beer flowing.  If you’re a fan of craft beer and great food, then this is the place to be.  I’m honored to bring attention to this great establishment and a little music to boot!

That’s it for this week.  I hope you have are doing well and can find a little peace in our topsy-turvy world.  Everything’s going to work out fine.

Best always,

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  Magpies, 229 S. Union, Pueblo.  719-542-5522
When:  Friday, Jan 20, 7-10 pm

Who: Tom Munch
What: playing a concert in Florence, CO
Where: Bell Tower Cultural Center, 201 East Second Street, 719-784-2038
When: Saturday, Jan 21, 7:00

No comments:

Post a Comment