Monday, May 15, 2017

Hear, Taste, Feel the Love

I'm reminded today of what makes things worthwhile in life. It strikes me that all the things that I think are excellent in this life are the result of someone putting in time and effort - great art, technology, food, music, and products. What makes them put in this effort? Well, care, I think, passion, and even love. When we love what we do and how we do it we take the time to do it creatively and to do a depth that is truly excellent! We are drawn to these things because we see that the people making it are engaged and enthusiastic, excited and resonant with life. And it really just takes the openness to explore and see the beauty in things around us to have this enthusiasm.  So in that spirit I invite you to hear, taste, and feel the love!

What have I been up to?

Friday a week ago was the final evening at Magpies until next fall, and it was a packed house of good friends and music lovers. We did all kinds of tunes with lots of favorites.

What's up this week?

Friday night 6-9 I'm back at PDub Brewing Company in Pueblo West for some of that good stuff created with passion - good food, good brews, and good music! Come on out if you can. Brad will be sitting in again for a few tunes, and I'll be in fine form with all my new pick explorations and songs.

It's also National Nursing Home Week, so I'll be doing many, many shows for different facilities around the area all week. I don't talk about the nursing, assisted living, and retirement facilities I play at very often, but it's one of the more enjoyable things I get to do with my time for some wonderful people.

What's on the horizon?

Next week on Saturday, the 27th, at 7:30 I'm playing for the Coyote Creek Concert Series in Elizabeth, Colorado. This is a really cool concert in the pavilion at the city park in Elizabeth. It's part of Elbert County Music and Art, a non-profit group that does lots of good things in Elbert County with love. I'd be honored to have anyone near Elizabeth or around Denver come on out for it. Tickets are $12 at the door or $10 in advance at their website - coyotecreekconcerts.com.

That's it for this week. I hope you are gearing up for a fine summer!

Best always,

Tom

Details this week:

Who: Tom Munch
What: singing and playing
Where: PDub Brewing Company Taproom, 181 S Purcell Blvd, Pueblo West, 719-647-8864
When: Friday, May 19, 6-9 pm


No comments:

Post a Comment