Monday, May 1, 2017

Snow Day

We had a snow day last Saturday that gave us a day at home and postponed a trip to Nebraska. The sudden free time was a surprise and had me drifting throughout the day. I had projects I could do, but there's something in a snow day that gives you permission to be as free as a bird. I love this feeling, disconcerting as it sometimes can be. So I did a couple projects, but I also took the opportunity to listen to new music and just play around on the guitar which I seldom do - trying techniques and experimenting - just letting myself enjoy joyful play. It was refreshing, and it reminded me that surprises can happen from out of nowhere that take me outside of our planned grid-work. Life is full of this when I let it be.

What have I been up to?

I had a wonderful gig for a friend's retirement last Friday. It's fun giving joy to good friends with the music you know they love. Congrats, Tom!

What am I up to this week?

Friday 7-10 is the last time at Magpies for the season, and if you've been meaning to come out this is the last chance until October. We have such fun down in the tap room with such good friends. I'd love to have you there if you're out and about.

Saturday I have a private party for an 80th birthday.

Sunday 7-8ish I'm playing another online concert at concertwindow.com/tommunch in my first-Friday series. I haven't made a songlist, but I'm feeling in an eclectic mood, so it may be interesting. I'm going to use my neighbor Mari Pretzer's quilt she made me for a backdrop. Please join me if you can!

That's it for this week. Be good to yourself and each other. Enjoy life!

Best,

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  Magpies, 229 S. Union, Pueblo.  719-542-5522
When:  Friday, May 5, 7-10 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing and singing
Where:  online at https://www.concertwindow.com/tommunch
When:  Sunday, May 7, 7-8ish pm MST

No comments:

Post a Comment