Monday, June 12, 2017

Where Does It Come From?

I was walking early one morning last week and was amazed at the energy I had for a fast walk. I hadn't had enough sleep the night before, and I didn't feel energetic when I woke up. But as I walked I began to drink in the sunrise and the beauty of the morning, and before I knew it I was bounding along behind the dog - marveling at how much pep I had. So where did this verve come from? I could say it was the healthy food I had eaten the night before. I could say it was the adrenaline flowing through me as I anticipated the walking path. But it seems that there is an innate energy of the universe that we all tap into when we are aware of it (and even when we're not aware of it!) This seems to be a spirit that flows in nature and all through us. Many religions have names for this - chi, prana, ki, even God, depending on how you look at it. The universe is full of energy that makes the planets move and even the plants on earth grow. It is unstoppable and magical in the way it affects us. It feels amazing to be a part of it and sense its flow in us. Drink it in!


What have I been up to?


The first Thursday of the season at the Yellow Pine barbecue was too much fun! It was so good to see old friends and be in the barn letting the music flow. This is going to be a fun summer!


What's up this week?


Thursday is the Yellow Pine barbecue 6:30-8:30 again. Please join me for a beautiful night under the mountain stars in the old barn. Call 719-742-3528 for reservations by Tuesday. 


Friday night is good beer and good food at PDubs in Pueblo West 6-10. They are celebrating their first year of brewing and business, and I'm happy to be a part of the celebration. Please come on out for a really fantastic night!


What's on the horizon?


June 24th I'm playing for Cowboy Day at the Francisco Fort Museum in La Veta 11-1:30 before I run up to Cuchara for a wedding. It's so much fun to play the old cowboy tunes, and the plaza in the old museum feels just right - like the walls of the place are playing along with all the history they hold. 


July 1st I'm playing Art in the Park in La Veta 11-1. I always enjoy playing for the folks in the park for this event. 


That's it for this week. A very Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there this Sunday. Be good to each other, and I hope to see you soon.


Best,


Tom


Who:  Tom Munch

What:  playing & singing at the Barbeque

Where:  Yellow Pine Guest Ranch, Cuchara.  719-742-3528

When:  Thursday, June 15, 6:30-8:30 pm


Who: Tom Munch

What: singing and playing for the first anniversary

Where: PDub Brewing Company Taproom, 181 S Purcell Blvd, Pueblo West, 719-647-8864

When: Friday, June 16, 6-10 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment