Monday, July 10, 2017

Spontaneity

I had an interesting thing happen to me on Saturday that was unexpected and opened me up to new things - which is always good.  I had a friend text me on Friday to ask if I could play for her son’s wedding the very next day.  She is a very spontaneous and creative kind of person, so it didn’t surprise me to get a request like this from her.  I haven’t booked myself so solidly this summer that I don’t have space for surprise gigs like this - a somewhat planned intention since I’ve missed out on some great things in the past from being too buttoned up.  The whole event was just wonderful - from the people to the venue to the experience.  Everyone was so loving and genuine, and the food so simply yummy, and the experience so real and sincere.  It reminded me how great this life is and how many facets there are in the human experience.  I need this, and am grateful to my friend, Alma, for asking me to be a part of their familia for the evening.  Go out and live, friends.  There is wonder everywhere!

What have I been up to?

Independence Day was a lot of fun.  I got to play outside for different parties, and the fireworks didn’t spook the pets too much or keep us awake too late.

Thursday at the Yellow Pine was packed!  We had so many great folks and such a fun night of music and dancing.  Can’t wait for this week.

Friday night was a fun reception playing with the Atomic Fireballs.  The evening was beautiful in Westcliffe with the almost-full moon, and it was great trading licks with the guys in the band.

Saturday was the surprise wedding and reception I wrote about.  Congrats to Ahizer and Victoria!

Sunday was a great practice for our Cuchara Valley trio and also playing for the rafting Scouts at Echo Canyon.

What’s up this week?

Tuesday I’m playing for the Scouts again at Echo Canyon.  It’s fun playing old mountain favorites and historic songs to inspire them on their way to a great adventure in the mountains at Philmont.

Thursday 6:30-8:30 is another wild night at the barbeque at the Yellow Pine.  I forgot to tell you that they had a couple bears hanging around in the pond and in the barns, so the night was full of electricity.  I even saw a fox, a ring-tailed cat, and several deer on the drive out.  Was a night full of wildlife.

Saturday 1-4 I’m playing at the Bull Moose in Guffey outside.  I haven’t played in Guffey in a couple years, and it’ll be good to see the folks up there again and share some tunes.  Come on up if you’d like to spend a relaxing afternoon in the mountains with some good company and music.

Saturday night I’m also playing for another group of Rafting Scouts.

Whew!  That’s a pretty busy week, and next week gets even busier.  I hope you’re enjoying your summer, and I hope to see you sometime.

Best always,

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing at the Barbeque
Where:  Yellow Pine Guest Ranch, Cuchara.  719-742-3528
When:  Thursday, July 13, 6:30-8:30 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing and singing
Where:  Bull Moose, Guffey.  719-689-4199
When:  Saturday, July 15, 1:00-4:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment