Monday, December 16, 2013

Favorite Christmas Music

I've been grabbing some moments of silence around the house and in the car to listen to some of my favorite Christmas music, and I thought I'd share some of my favorite albums and songs here.  Please write back and share your favorites with me too!  Among my favorites are Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song" album, Vince Guaraldi's "A Charlie Brown Christmas" album, Bruce Cockburn's "Christmas" album, the song "Colorado Christmas" recorded by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and written by Steve Goodman, "David Grisman's Acoustic Christmas" album, "Dr. Demento Presents the Greatest Christmas Novelty CD of All Time" album (a little twisted, I admit,) Peter Kater's "For Christmas" album (great piano,) Handel's "Messiah," Tuck Andress' "Hymns, Carols, and Songs About Snow" album, anything by Bing Crosby, and Tchaikovsky's "Nutcracker Suite."  There are way too many others to mention, but there are a few I listen to every year.  It's such a joyous time filled with so much music, goodies, stories, and traditions!

So now what am I up to this week?

I'm playing every day and every night at different Christmas parties and gatherings, but the two public performances I have will be Friday and Saturday night.

Friday I'm doing a Christmas Singalong at Magpies 7-10.  I've always wanted to do a community singalong during Christmas, and this is a good way to do this - except this will be just friends and family which is extra-special!  I'll have song sheets with big printed lyrics (for us old folks who need our glasses!)  This will be a blast!  Come get in the spirit!

Saturday night I'll be at the La Veta Inn 6-9.  I haven't played at Christmastime at the Inn for several years, so I'm really looking forward to seeing my good friends in La Veta and sharing the Christmas cheer.  If the weather's nice and you're up for an evening drive, then come on down and enjoy the wonderful ambience and good friends at the Inn for the evening!

I hope to see you this season, and if I don't get to, then have a wonderful holiday!

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  Magpies, 229 S. Union, Pueblo.  719-542-5522
When:  Friday, December 20

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing
Where:  La Veta Inn, 103 W. Ryus Ave, La Veta.  719-742-3700
When:  Saturday, December 21, 6-9 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment