Monday, July 7, 2014

Trying to Be Wise

I've been burning both ends of the candle, and I'm finding that being tired is making me say really stupid things. It's not that I'm such a smart and eloquent person normally, although I sometimes can be still enough to be wise, but lately I find myself right at that leading edge of consciousness that is ragged and without reflection. That's a little scary at times - like losing-my-marbles kind of scary, but I know that it's just overextending myself and letting my tired brain lead me when I should get centered and approach each situation from a calm and peaceful place. I find that preparation and the right mindset is always the key to successful interaction. I also like to be spontaneous and in-the-moment, so there's a happy balance to find, but at least I have an awareness of where I can improve. And at least I know now when to keep quiet!

How about you? How do you deal with your stupid, tired brain?

So what am I up to this week? It's a busy one. 

I'm writing this Sunday night because Monday morning I'm playing a wedding reception over lunch and then a show for rafting Scouts in the evening. It should be beautiful!

Then Thursday I'm at the Yellow Pine 6:30-8:30 for the barbecue. Last week was another great packed room with wonderful folks and a little rain. I expect this week to be just as grand! Call (719) 742-3528 for reservations. 

I'm taking off Friday night so I can be up bright and early Saturday to make it to the top of the ski valley in Red River, NM, for a concert 11-1. This is part of the "Music on Top" series for the Red River Ski Area, and I'm really looking forward to it. It's a free concert at the Tip Restaurant deck - http://www.redriverskiarea.com/event/music-top-summer-music-series-2. There isn't a great deal of info here, so write me if you need more, and I'll find more. 

Saturday I'm also doing a concert for past and current staff at Philmont 
Scout Ranch in Cimarron, NM, from 8-10 during the staff reunion weekend. If you're a Philmont person I'd love to see you!

Sunday I'm playing at 8 Mile Bar and Grill by the Royal Gorge 6:30-8:30 right after I play for another group of rafting Scouts. I had one of their juicy buffalo burgers this week, and I'm looking forward to trying other yummy entrees there! Come on out if you can!

I hope your summer is going well!

Best always,

Tom

Details this week:

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing & singing at the Barbecue
Where:  Yellow Pine Guest Ranch, Cuchara.  719-742-3528
When:  Thursday, July 10, 6:30-8:30 pm

Who: Tom Munch 
What:  playing a concert at the Tip Restaurant
Where:  Red River Ski Area, Red River, NM.  (575) 754-2223 Ext. 202
When:  Saturday, July 12, 11:00 am-1:00 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing at concert at Philmont Scout Ranch
Where:  Philmont Scout Ranch, Cimarron, NM
When:  Saturday, July 12, 8:00-10:00 pm

Who:  Tom Munch
What:  playing and singing
Where:  8 Mile Bar and Grill, 45000 W. US Hwy 50, CaƱon City.  (719) 275-1558
When:  Sunday, July 13, 6:30-8:30

No comments:

Post a Comment